- 1-N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone 100%
- Industrial grade
It is a pale yellow organic compound and is a non-flammable product. NMP is miscible with water and most other solvents, always test a little and see how it mixes. The product is denser than water at 1.03g/cc with a boiling range of 56 ºC.
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- NMP is used for paint stripping, in graffiti removers, oven cleaners, in automotive and industrial cleaner formulations.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Solvent us used as thinner for paints and varnishes. N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone (NMP) is a solvent used in a variety of industries and applications such as paint and coating removal, petrochemical processing, engineering plastics coatings, agricultural chemicals, electronic cleaning, and industrial/ domestic cleaning.
- Due to its good solvency properties NMP is used to dissolve a wide range of polymers.
- Used as a stripping agent.
NMP is known to be quite toxic with quite a number of acute effects. The inhalation of NMP in high concentrations can possibly cause headaches, dizziness, loss of coordination, nausea, and loss of appetite. If NMP comes in contact with the eyes it will cause severe eye irritation and corneal damage. Always take caution when using NMP.