HYDRAZINE HYDRATE (DIAMIDE)
Hydrazine hydrate is applied to removal of oxygen when processing water; for corrosion protection of water and steam circulating pipelines (namely: steam generators, cooling systems, systems of heating), and also for preservation of the equipment taken out of service.
– as fuel in fuel cells;
– for receiving pure metals (Cu, Ni, etc.) from their oxides and salts;
– in production of steam generators (for example, benzolsulfonilgidrazida), insecticides, explosive substances (astrolitas), regulators of growth of plants (for example, hydrazide of maleic acid), pharmaceuticals (for example, hydrazide of isonicotinic acid);
– as reactant (for detection of carbonyl groups, chlorites and chlorates);
– for receiving intermediate products and dyes;
– as additive in glass melt (for elimination of dimness of glasses);
– for purification of industrial gases of CO2 and mercaptans.